Monday, December 15, 2008

It Is Winter

This is not an incredible poem but I was feeling a little neglectful of the blog and thought I might shoot this up there mostly to make me feel better. I regret not writing more but with the album about to come out it has been harder than I would have thought to find time to write.

Either way, I don't want you to feel concerned about the content of the poem. I'm not depressed but winter to me is depressing so it seem suitable to write in such a way that I expressed that.



It is winter
And I find now that I feel my breathe
I find now that I am more or less
I find now what I lost

It is winter
And all the memories come too
All the sadness and bliss
All the time

And in my heart the breadth of these days
Does not exist on the same plain
As the rest

It is not higher nor lower
But I am different
I am changed

It is winter
And everyone thinks warm thoughts
Everyone thinks of summer
Everyone but me

Me who wonders only how she
Can move toward being
better

If only it were possible
To ignore the cold
and just live

No comments: